About the Rebecca
- April 15, 2013 – Contest Opens
- July 15, 2013 - Deadline for submissions.
- September 16, 2013 – Finalists notified by e-mail on or before this date.
- November 9, 2013 – Winners announced at the LERA Conference, with special guests Jennifer Enderlin, St. Martin’s Press; Jill Marsal, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency; Deanna Raybourn, NYT Bestselling Author.
Categories / Sub-genres
- Contemporary Romance
- Historical Romance
- Paranormal / SFR / UF
- Erotic Romance
- Young Adult (YA)
- 1st in each category: $50 Gift Certificate
- 2nd in each category: $30 Gift Certificate
- 3rd in each category: $20 Gift Certificate
Finalists will be posted on the LERA website. http://www.leranm.com/
- All authors are welcome to enter, regardless of published or unpublished status.
- Contest entry may not be contracted for or published in any form before contest deadline.
- Opening five thousand (5,000) words of a romance novel in one of the above sub-genres.
- Do not include the author’s name at any point in the document.
- Manuscript should include the title in left upper corner, page numbers in right corner.
- Standard manuscript format: Times New Roman – 12 pt font / double-spaced.
- 5,000 word count is determined by computer word count.
- (The contest committee recommends that authors cut off text at the end of a complete sentence, even if the count falls short of exactly 5,000.)
- Fill out Entry Form, attaching your manuscript(s).
- Payment via Paypal or Check at the end of the entry process.
||Leis Pederson, Berkley
||Jennifer Enderlin, St. Martin’s
||Adam Wilson, Pocket Books
Peter Senftleben, Kensington
|Young Adult Romance
||Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Foreword Literary
More About The Rebecca